After going back to the city centre, we were led into a square white building. People inside looked at us with great curiosity. The priest directed us through a wide marble corridor and opened one of doors for us.
‘Please come in. This is my office.’
Not much decoration inside the room except a symbol of light on the white wall. A servant brought in some tea and snacks.
‘How long has those animals troubled your village? Are there always the same kind of animals?’ The priest went straight to the point.
‘What do you mean same kind of animals?’ Cass looked confused. ‘Sometimes we saw bears and wild boars, sometimes tigers and foxes. Well, at least we don’t see monsters.’
‘There used to be normal animals wandering into our living area. But people began to see monsters a month ago. It caused great fear among citizens. We have sent investigating teams into the forest, and all we found are just burned twigs and some funny marks.’-said The priest
‘Marks looks like twisted runes?’Said Cass
‘Yes. Have you seen them before?’
‘Few times near my village. I think we have something in common.’
By the time Cass and the priest came to a conclusion, I had already drunk two cups of tea and finished all biscuits in the tray.
‘Arya, the priest agrees to let us join their investigation.’
‘Excuse me.’ The priest interrupted. ‘Are you taking your friend as well?’
‘she is with me. I won’t go without her.’
The priest sighed. ‘Oh well then. I will bring more guards with us to ensure her safety.’
Next morning Cass equipped himself properly and we went to meet the priest and his contingents outside the city. A soldier and a low-ranked priest were assigned to walk next to me. The grass became higher and higher when we moved towards the woodland.
‘Maybe we should cut off the weed, sir.’ The warrior at the head of the group said. ‘It prevents ambushes.’
‘You are right. I will see what can be done.’ The priest responded.
It was quiet inside the woodland. A light charcoal smell lingered in the air. The group advanced with slow steps and everyone looked around carefully. The silence was broken up when a bird flapped its wings across branches.
Several strings of light went through layers of leaves, tossing their dim marks here and there on the damp ground. The priest pointed at certain direction; a trace of camp fire was only few steps away. He got close and put his hand on top of the ashes.
‘It’s lukewarm. Whoever staying here had left before dawn.’ He then looked around searching for footprints. ‘We go this way.’
The group moved on, going deeper into the forest. No sound could be heard from living animals now; even trees and bushes stood as still as rocks.
‘Look at those runes.’ Cass went forward and removed the branch away from a trunk. Several small rustic symbols, crawling like insects, were drawn on the tree with charcoal.
‘I always doubt those beasts are not creation of nature.’ The priest muttered. ‘So it is very possible a person wielded with dark power manipulates creatures in the wild.’
Everyone searched around for more runes. Few fresh crumbs digged up from dirt lied all the way to the impenetrable darkness of the forest. It is intermittent, but if you drew a line across those crumbs, it looked like a winding and curvy thread, twisted to one side and another.
I was curious where the trace would lead to. The further I went, the less I could see. Thick leaves and unknown shadows blocked most light. Then I noticed a tiny noise like something robbing against trees and bushes coming from behind. I stopped. An obscure figure was approaching me.
‘lady, …’ The figure spoke and it sounded out of breath. ‘you shouldn’t leave us….’
‘Ah, miss soldier. If you can help me to identify the print on the ……’
‘Lady, please come back with me.’ The soldier grabbed my arm and dragged me to the opposite direction.
‘Yes, yes. But let’s have a look of this mark first. It is interesting.’
‘You are not helping us by wandering off. Now we go this way.’
I was about to explain my intention once more, a large shadow rose in front of us. Two horrendous eyes as large as round shields sparked with eerie light. It circled around us and hissed.
‘I can’t see very well. Is it a snake?’
‘Lady, step back!’
The soldier drew his sword and stood in front of me. But he trembled so much that he could barely hold his weapon. The hissing sound got closer. Next moment a giant python with glowing blue and green scales stepped out of the shadow.
‘Aaaarrrggh!!’ The soldier raised his sword and charged towards the monster.
I gathered my concentration. A warm and tingling sensation rushed through my blood, which made me numb but also excited. The wave of energy began to shape an unreal but visible force. Odd and strange sounds flowed out of my mouth. The old memory gradually wakened up, reviving every particle inside my soul.
i took my guns and fired then agaisnt the monster with my magic vermelion ataack...the monster was down.
‘What is that?!’ The brave solider was shocked. ‘Is it dead?’
‘It is not dead. I just put him to sleep. You go and call the rest of people. I will wait here.’ I cleaned one of rocks and sat down.
Not long afterwards the group came into my sight.
‘Arya! Stop wandering off again!’ Cass grabbed his head and screamed.
‘Sorry for my curiosity. But I think you may want to have a look of this snake.’ I pointed at the large ice cube next to me.
‘It is not a normal python.’ The priest stepped forward and looked at it closely. ‘I can only related it to the work of dark power. The best thing …’
The python awake and starts twitched.
‘It’s back to life!’ Soldiers shouted, holding up their weapons.
I extened my finger. and vermillion ataack put the snake to sleep again
‘That will do. Please continue the discussion.’ I waved my hand.
The priest coughed. ‘The best thing to do is we carry on our expedition. Soldiers, burn this python.’
Red flame engulfed the monster. We were waiting for the priest to decide which way to go, when another shadowy figure flew across trees at the corner of our sight.
‘This is a busy forest.’ I said while my eyes followed after the shadow. ‘What do we have this time..….Cass?’
My friend pulled out of his cariead; his face had turned red because of anger.
‘It’s a dark priest. I have to catch him!’
Without any extra word, he dashed into the darkness with incredible speed.
‘Hey, you told me not to wander off. Look what you are doing now!’ I complained and wasted no time to chase after him.
Cass figure could only be seen at the very end of my sight inside the dark forest. Running was such a easy thing for a excavetor if i dont have this heavy things in me...
I did my best to follow Cass while he constantly turned to different directions. After running (crawling) up and down several slopes, a river stopped me. Cass was at the other side of the bank, slashing his cariad against a small person in black robe. The person avoided the attacks and chanted a series of awkward sound. A dark purple fog came out of nowhere and surrounded Cass. It was apparently poisonous. Cass stepped back and began to cough.
I quickly directed the energy inside my body. My guns heated up like burning. Then a white and yellow flame became visible over my gun. Without delay I threw the shotting nova agaisnt the man in a black robe.
That person groaned as the shot landed on him. Although still coughing, Cass jumped onto the enemy. He grabbed him at shoulders but bounced back right away. Pain was expressed on Cass‘s face as he held his hands in agony.
The person started chanting again. I gathered my mind, hoping to be faster than him. But before I took the action, a bright white light shooted out of somewhere , knocking the person down to the ground.
Souley came out of the darkness. His face was red because of running. The person got up and drew some signs in the air. An invisible shield simmered around him. He then began another strange chant.
‘No! Spread out!’ Souley shouted at me.
I was trying to figure out what was going on, when a layer of soft and warm sparks began to circle around me. Suddenly, a swirl of purple cloud appeared on this side of the river, totally surrounding me and Souley. Iskala priest fell to his knees, coughing seriously.
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário